Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lombok Island

Lombok is an island in West Nusa Tenggara Province in Indonesia. It has many beautiful beaches, and there is also some small island surrounding Lombok island.
Some tourist destination in Lombok island are:
Gilis Islands, Mount Rinjani, and Kuta Beach in lombok


"Once, You stay in Bali, you better go to Lombok Island", that's what my friend said to me.

I went to Lombok by Ferry that sail from Padang bay Bali to Lembar port in Lombok. It took 5 hours to get there, but I enjoyed tha sailing, since I sailed in the morning. There are many beautiful scenery when I sail from Bali. I saw the highest mountain in Bali, Mount Agung.

My friend also suggested me to go to Gili Trawangan island. This Island is famous with its beautiful beach and beautiful underwater scenery. Many tourists prefer snorkeling around the water. The clean water will give us beautiful scenery, and a lot of beautiful fishes will swim around us.




My friend also asked me to climb to Mount Rinjani, but I had to went back to Bali since I my jobs was waiting for me. She said that the local students usually organized the mountaineers who want to climb mount Rinjani. They call the expedition "Tapak Rinjani"


Mount Rinjani is the second highest mountain in Indonesia. It rises to 3.726 m above the sea level. Rinjani has caldera lake, Segara anak. Segara anak means the child of ocean. The best time to climb mount Rinjani is in August to December. And I hope that I will be able to go there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment